Sunday, August 14, 2011

Final Week!

IT'S MY LAST WEEK IN TEXAS!
I really cannot believe that my internship at Del Sol San Antonio is coming to a close this week! This summer has gone by so fast.....I really can't believe it! Aubrey and I have done so many fun things and have had so many memorable moments.  Needless to say this summer was totally worth it! It has been such a great experience! I have learned a lot about myself and experienced some really awesome things! This is a summer I will never forget! It felt like forever waiting to actually get out here and now it feels like I just got here and am already leaving.  It's true that time flies when you are having fun! And I truly have had a blast! So here's to most likely my last post from San Antonio Texas! 


Aubrey and I enjoyed our final day off together so we decided we head down to Padre Island and enjoy the beach one last time! Before soaking up the sun we stopped at Padre Island Burger Company! Home of the best burger I have probably ever had! This is the Dr. Pepper burger! It has bacon, cheese, meat, and bbq sauce made from....yup Dr. Pepper! It is sooooo good! 

It's also HUGE! But don't worry...I pounded it!

 After an amazing lunch we headed to Whitecap...our favorite spot! 
And of course I celebrated our final beach day! 
(This picture is from a different day...but it explains my feelings for the beach)

A couple weeks ago we said farewell to Michael and Anne, our wonderful managers (unfortunately I didn't get a picture with Anne...)!
It was weird saying goodbye to them because it made me realize that our goodbyes would be coming soon.

Oh ya know...sometimes we get bored...and so Melissa and I fight over the male manikin. Don't judge!
 

My first henna tattoo! 

Yes, this is me planking in front of our store/the Alamo.
You cannot tell from this picture but I am screaming in agony...because this was so painful.
DON'T TRY THIS.

Well, if you haven't picked up on this from my posts, Aubrey and I have seriously had a blast this summer! We have done almost everything that San Antonio can offer 2 young Del Sol interns.  I am so grateful for the opportunity to come out here for the summer! And I am so grateful for the awesome friendship that I have with Aubrey! I couldn't have endured this summer without her and it's super lucky that we got along so well! I really have has such a great summer! It was weird being away from my family and not being able to do fun things with them, but I don't regret anything about this summer! I really think that we lived it up this summer and didn't waste too much time doing nothing. Of course there were days that we sat at out apartment in our sweats and watched movies but even that was a good time! As much as I enjoyed my summer I am soooo ready to go back to Utah...and back to my "normal" life...whatever that consists of! I'm ready to be back in the general vicinity of my family and my closest friends!  And ready to be back at my job doing what I truly love, cutting hair! And in the future...hopefully the near future I look forward to going back to school, because I have officially decided that I want to major in Journalism! I haven't decided if I will miss Texas as a whole...but there are things about Texas that I will for sure miss! So I have conjured up a list of things I will and will not miss.  So if you decide to ever go to San Antonio Texas, refer back to this list! 

I will  miss....

1. Food-Texas is home to some of the best food I have had.
-Tres Leches Cake (Chuy's)
-BBQ (Salt Lick-brisket. Smitty's-ribs)
-Burgers (Padre Island Burger Company)
-Jalapeno Ranch (Chuy's) 
-Sandwiches of the sorts (Druther's)
-Another burger (The Cove-Texas burger)
-Guacamole (Boudro's)
-Mexican food (Mi Tierra & Rosario's & Taco Taco Cafe)
-Fast food (Whataburger)

2.Amusement Parks- We went to some pretty awesome amusement parks!
-Six Flags Fiesta Texas! Had some of the best rides...and we just happened to walk on to ALL of them!
-Schlitterbahn Water Park! World's best water park? Just maybe! So much fun!

3. San Marcos Premium Outlets- That may be all I need to say.
I have never been to better outlets.  My shopping from here on out will have a hard time making up for San Marcos.  Lets just name some of the greatness...
J. Crew
Victoria's Secret
Juicy Couture
7 for all Mankind
Betsey Johnson
Coach
Banana Republic
Gucci
True Religion
the list could go on.

4.Austin- Such a fun city! It is so different than what you would expect of Texas!
We loved it there! 

5.River Walk-Such a unique place! Beautiful! 

6. Beach- Why wouldn't I miss the beach...Utah doesn't have one!!!

7. City life- Living downtown has been awesome.  We are literally a minute away from a million things to do!

8. Moments- We had some amazing moments here in Texas! That could have only happened here! Thannnnnk you!

9. Co-workers- We have worked with some pretty fun people! They make working 40 hours a week in the heat and on my feet bearable! 

10. The Alamo- Working directly in from of the Alamo never got old.  I will miss working in front of such a historic place where 3 million people come to visit a year.  The Alamo may be small and very underwhelming but it is quite beautiful at night when there is no one around and it is lit so beautifully! How many people can say they worked right in front of the Alamo!?


I will NOT miss...
(I've decided to make my "not miss" list shorter so I didn't sound like I hated it.)

1. The Large Inferno - AKA the heat of Texas! The entire time we have been here it has been 100+ degrees everyday excluding maybe....maybe 5 days.  I do not love that!

2. Humidity- Humidity makes the heat worse then it already is.  I have never sweat as much in my life as I have this summer....yuck.  

3. Idiot Drivers- Texas drivers are slow. 

4. Sweaty Tourists- This goes along with #'s 1 and 2....but the heat + the humidity makes tourists really sweaty...and then they come into our store...and continue to sweat. Its nasty.

5. My hair in Texas- My hair doesn't really do a whole lot here.  It doesn't quite hold a curl here...but when I straighten it, it ends up not as straight by the end of the day...and my hair has NO volume here. So I have looked like a flat head all summer. HATE that!


San Antonio really is quite the remarkable city! There is lots of things to do here and lots of history behind this city! It being the 7th largest city in the U.S. it definitely didn't disappoint! There was never a dull moment this summer! I will miss San Antonio just a tad! But I'm looking forward to going home! 

Wow this has been a realllly long post and I apologize! But it being my last one from Texas I felt like I needed  to go big or go home! And everything is bigger in Texas so I went big!!!! Peace out Texas! Utah here I come!

I am really excited to start a new chapter in my life! I'm headed back to Provo and am soooooooooo excited to be moving in with a great friend of mine, Micah! We are going to have a ton of fun living together and I cannot wait!!! Thanks for reading and following my adventure in San Antonio, and thanks for being a part of my life as a 22 year old single LDS girl! xoxo


1 comment:

Allie Walker said...

Get home now!!! I want to play with you. Still so jealous of the outlets there....