Thursday, August 25, 2011

Attitude of Gratitude.

I know I already posted once already tonight.  But I am so grateful to be home and to have traveled safely from Texas! If you didn't know I had a little bit of car trouble getting home.  On my way from San Antonio to Albuquerque my car started to act kind of funny.  It was staying revved up and was staying between 4 and 5 RPM...which is not good.  Lets been honest we had been driving pretty fast for most of the way and I think that is what caused my car to freak out.  So when we got to El Paso we decided to stop and get some food and as we were pulling out of the parking lot as I was pressing on the gas my car was barely even moving.  I literally was pedal to the floor trying to gun it and my car was seriously barely moving.  So as we pulled in to the parking lot to get food I decided to call my dad and ask for advice.  I was freaking out.  I was in El Paso Texas 4 hours out of Albuquerque and had no idea what to do.  And of course it was Saturday at 4 pm when no car shops are open.

Finally after calling about 5 different places I found a shop that was open.  At this point I had lost it...and my sweet sweet dad just kept telling me "its going to be ok.  take a breath.  everything will be ok" and me being the basket case I am, was thinking the worst.

So I got to the car shop and of course when the mechanic takes it for a drive it acts perfectly normal but he said he could feel it "slipping in and out of gear" which is really bad.  So he tells me that it has to be something with the transmission.  Awesome.  He then proceeds to tell my that my transmission is sealed shut and that only Nissan is licensed to work on my transmission.  So I was freaking out thinking that I would have to spend the weekend in El Paso until Monday morning to get my car worked on, and then figuring I would be having to drop a couple thousand dollars to have it fixed.

Lets just say tears.  Lots of tears.  I literally didn't know what to do.  Aubrey had work Monday morning so I was stressing that she was going to have to leave me alone so she could make it home.  And I didn't know what I was going to do.  But I am so grateful for my parents and the knowledge they have and they faith that they have.  Immediately my mom and dad suggested to say a prayer, and that they were going to see if they could find the number to the nearest bishop to see if there was anything he could do to help or if he knew anyone that could help me out. I honestly would have never thought to do that, but my parents are awesome.  They just kept telling me that everything would be okay and that we just needed to keep saying prayers that everything would be ok.

The entire time I just kept saying silent prayers to myself that everything would be ok and that we would be able to continue driving and that my car would be ok.  So after about a half hour talking to all the mechanics and having them tell me that I should not drive to ABQ and that it was my transmission that was messed up, another mechanic came out and said he wanted to take it for a drive.  He said he had worked with Nissan cars and he knew them well enough to know that if anything was seriously wrong a light would have come on, and no lights had. So we took it for another drive and he said that everything felt and looked fine with the RPM, and so he didn't see any reason that I shouldn't be able to make it to ABQ.  I kept asking "Are you sure?  If I was your daughter would you feel ok with me driving it?" And every time his response was yes.  So I made the decision to continue driving and hope that everything would be alright.  This mechanic gave me his card with his cell phone number on it and told me if anything happened to call him and he would personally come to my rescue.  I am so grateful for him!

Driving to ABQ and then to Salt Lake my car felt completely fine.  I had no problems the rest of the time driving, and I can't doubt that it is because of my Heavenly Father.  I know with out a shadow of a doubt that he had a hand in my life that day and that he was watching over me.  That day more than usual I felt the love of my Heavenly Father and my Savior Jesus Christ.  I know that they are aware of me and that they know me more than I know myself.  I am truly grateful for the testimony I have of this Gospel and the happiness it brings me.  At this point in my life I have a better relationship with my Savior and my Heavenly Father than I ever have.  I think it's because the last couple years I have had so many experiences that I couldn't have gone through alone.  And it's with the help of my Savior that I have been able to over come them.  I can honestly say that my Savior is not only my brother but he is my friend.  And I am truly grateful for Him and the amazing sacrifice that He gave so that I wouldn't have to go through this life alone.  Where would I be today if it wasn't for my Savior Jesus Christ?

I am also so grateful for my parents and their perfect examples to me.  I have been taught that in times of need  the first thing to be done is to get on my knees and pray to my Heavenly Father.  I am so grateful for their love for me and their willingness to help me no matter what.  I am so grateful that the church is always their priority.  And that they have so much faith in this gospel.  They are such great examples to me and I hope that one day I will be that same kind of example to my family.  I am so grateful to have been raised by such faithful parents and raised in such an amazing church.  A church of faith, hope, charity, and love.

I love this gospel and I am so grateful for experiences in my life that strengthen my testimony of the truthfulness of it.  In a relief society lesson about a year ago my great friend and now my amazing roommate Micah said "Nothing in this world makes me feel the way the Gospel makes me feel, I KNOW its true!!!"  Ever since then those words have been engraved into my heart.  And that sums up exactly how I feel!

Nothing in this world makes me feel the way this Gospel makes me feel.
I KNOW it's true!!!!

No comments: