Monday, July 4, 2011

A Little Texan 4th of July!


Happy Independence Day!! 
I just want to say how proud I am to be an American! There is no place else I would rather live! We are so lucky as Americans to live in such an amazing country.  Even with all of its faults it is still a better place to be living than any where else! I am so grateful for all of the service men and women who fight day in and day out so that we can live in this amazing country! We would have a lot less freedom if it wasn't for them! 



Annnnyyy who....Hello again from Texas....which I am not too happy with right now.  It is the 4th of July and I am not going to be seeing any...ANY...fireworks.  Seeing that Texas is in such a drought they have banned all fireworks in the city limits of San Antonio.....ewe.  I hate them for that.  So what did Aubrey and I do this evening? Well first of all we worked until 8 o'clock.  And then we got a Redbox (maybe the wrong Redbox because it was suuuuuuper weird), cuddled up on the couch and celebrated the 4th from our couch....cooooooool.....not. I missed Utah more than usual today.  So in celebration of my independence I shall blog! SaWEEEEEET!

This week was.....well....interesting.  Let's get to the point so I can move on without explanation.  Richard and   I broke up.  There isn't a whole lot to talk about there.  Other than, things were moving a little too fast for me and, having gotten a couple answers to prayers I realized that I wasn't 100% into the relationship, and I knew that there wouldn't be an extensive relationship past me being here for the summer.  So that's all. Let's move on.

So my store Del Sol is located on what we like to call the "Strip" of San Antonio....kind of like the strip in Vegas....except nothing like it at all!!!!  :)  On the "strip" you can find 1. The Alamo 2. Del Sol 3. Lots of t-shirt shops 4. San Antonio's Visitors Center 5.Ripley's Believe It or Not assorted attractions.  This assorted attractions includes a mirror maze, wax museum, haunted adventure, tomb raider, and Guinness world records museum.  SOOOOOO......Monday A-Breezy (Aubrey), Mel S. (Melissa...I hope you got the spice girls reference from that) and L-Cluff (myself) took a tiny trip down the strip to experience some of these so called attractions at the price of FREE (because one of the managers has a huge fat crush on melissa and so we get free stuff like "mini melts" aka "dippin' dots").   

 Here we have the worlds tallest man...and myself. 
 I surely did test my passion level.... UNCONTROLLABLE!!!! Ya that's right!!
 Aubrey just got sexy....sucka!
 Me as the worlds fattest man.....uuuuhhhhhh......
 Wednesday we decided on the first of our 2 days off together....to go hit up the local SIX FLAGS FIESTA TEXAS!!! What Up!!! So awesome! May I add that we WALKED onto every single ride! And rode literally  every ride that Six Flags can offer us! We also hit up the water section of the park where we waded in the Texas shaped wave pool...and floated down the lazy river! And thhhhhheeennnn.... we may or may not have taken an hour nap.....at the water park.......on their lounge chairs.....think what you want! It was great and much needed!  We ended our Six Flags experience with....A FUNNEL CAKE!!!!!! YUUMMMMMM! Aubrey had never had one...and needless to say she loved it! 


Like I mentioned in one of my prior posts....we see some interesting things working across the street from the Alamo.... This day we just happen to get a free exercise session! This man here in this picture (which is not the best quality...my bad) is doing sit ups on a giant memorial of the Alamo.  Weird.  

 Texas does have some upsides to it! On the first friday of every month they turn an older historic part of San Antonio into this artsy fair type thing called...wait for it....First Friday! They have lots of little street vendors, live music, art galleries to go to, and cool stuff like that! Aubrey and I have gone both first friday's that we have been here and have thoroughly enjoyed it! Both times I have purchased some freaking sweeet vintage jewelry from some of the street vendors! This last friday, we stumbled upon this cool cook out/whatever! It felt like a small town BBQ or something! It was so cool! There was an old school jazz band singing in the background while the smell of hamburgers and bratwurst filled the air around us! So fun!  

 As we were walking back to our car to go home...we may have stumbled about the red-light district of San Antonio............umm....super sketchy? No never! Jk Yes, very etch-a-sketch! 




 When we got home our other roommate had some friends over after also going to First Friday....we were in our room minding our own business when we heard a disturbing sound...one of her friends was apparently sick....maybe intoxicated....we really don't know.  So here was our response to that....and then we proceed to just take more pictures because we were bored...and easily entertained.  So feast your eyes upon A-breezy and myself! 




 We got these super sweet ribbon/bands/belts for free! They made me feel like an Indian! That's all.




Saturday after work we decided to treat ourselves, because work had been CRRRRRAAAAZZZZYYYY! We had our busiest day in our store's history of being open that day! Needless to say by the end of the day I wanted to run in front of traffic as an excuse to not have to go back!  Soooooo we went and saw Transformers in 3D!!! AMAZING! If you haven't seen it....GO NOW! It was awesome! 



On occasion, but mostly on Sunday's we have the privilege to get to listen to preachers outside in the plaza....most of them yell, which is quite scary and quite frankly probably scares more people away then it does make them want to be born again.  They are usually the same 3 or 4 men that we see....except today I saw someone new! More often than not they are preaching that everyone is going to Hell....which is whateve. To be honest I hate listening to them...they are rude, annoying, and have no idea what they are talking about.  Okay to a certain extent they do.  One of the men more than others is super rude.  We were walking to our car one day and he assumed we weren't Christians because we chose to ignore his bantering.  He then proceeded to say that we thought we were smart but we were "quite the opposite" and then tell us that we think we are so hot, but we aren't.  Rude!  Well today as I was walking I saw one of the men holding this sign, just sitting on the stone wall.  So what did I do? I pulled out my phone and proceeded to take a picture of him....was I discreet about it...no not at all! Oh well! Hope you're not on this list! haha  If so..."Hell awaits you" :)



Well I think that's all for this post! Thanks for reading and being a part of my life as a 22 year old single LDS girl!

No comments: