Saturday, June 25, 2011

The Adventure Continues


I laid out by the pool today! It was great!

So I have been in San Antonio for a month now! Weird! I'm still really enjoying it out here...minus the intense heat! But good news...it rained finally this week! Tuesday was the first day it rained since I've been here! So that was...cool? So its been really humid this week due to the cloud cover...which sucks...humidity is not fun.  In the words of Aubrey its like "walking through an ocean"!  No bueno! But now that I've given you the weather for San Antonio on to the top news! 

Monday as usual I had the day off and Richard decided to take me to some new places! He wouldn't tell me where we were going...so when we showed up at the Japanese Tea Gardens I was quite surprised! He told me to bring my camera so I figured it would be some place I could take cool pictures! Well when we got there my camera decided to have a diva moment and not work.  I was not happy! So hence why these pictures are just ok....they were taken with my iPhone! So here are the Japanese Tea Gardens! It was really pretty! And I'm sure in the spring when the flowers are blooming it is even more pretty!










So after the tea gardens and after driving around for a while aka Richard getting lost (even though he has lived in SA for a couple years haha) he took me to his favorite store at the Quarry Market (a shopping center kind of like the Gateway/the District).  Well lets talk about his favorite store.  It is the University of Texas Co-Op store.  Basically a store to buy University of Texas "stuff".  If you are unaware of U.T. their colors are Texas Orange(Burnt Orange) and white.  And their mascot is a Longhorn!  So when I walked into this store my eyes were overwhelmed with Texas Orange.  Pretty much everything in the store is Orange....and Orange is probably my least favorite color.  So as Richard was showing me all of this stuff he wanted it was hard for me to agree! haha And then as we were looking through the women's area all the things I liked were either gray or white! haha He finally caught on and responded with "Of course you like that, its not orange!"  I guess I should probably learn to like Texas Orange!


So after the Co-op store...we were both hungry! Richard decided to take me to his favorite place in San Antonio! Chris Madrid's!  It is this hole in the wall, dive of a restaurant.  It looks super sketch! haha I may or may not have been a little bit worried when we pulled up! But OH. MY. GOSH.  the burgers there are amazing!!!!!! Richard and I both got the "Tostada Burger".  It is a huge burger with tons of cheese, refried beans, and tortilla chips on the burger! I know it doesn't sound very good but it was DIVINE!!!!  Loved it! I now understand why it is his favorite place! Well as we were walking up to the counter to order he pointed to a shirt on the wall (mind you the store is covered with shirts signed by different people).  I didn't really know which one he was pointing too until I saw this one! 
It is a white shirt with tie attached and it is the "Elder Shirt".  Every time missionaries go to Chris Madrid's they sign and date this shirt!  And it is COVERED with names!  It was really cool!!!  It made me smile really big...I don't know why! But its always fun and makes me feel good when I see or notice the presence of the church in places other than Utah!

 So while at work I see some pretty interesting people! Prime "people watching" spot might I add! So I think from now on I will try to document as many of these great people as I can! This picture unfortunately is not the first case of cowboy boots over the pants! I don't quite understand why they think this looks good....the first time I witnessed this was MUCH worse....the man was wearing over-alls, a cut-off t-shirt, and his cowboy boots over his pants....man I wish I had time to take a picture of him....it was wretched!  Oh and to add to the man below....he had a full blown LEGIT cowboy hat...not the cheap ones....it was LEGIT!  I didn't capture the hat because I was trying to be discreet!


If you don't know what "planking" is, google it before you proceed!!! We saw this kid "planking" different things at the Alamo the other day! And we(Aubrey and I) applauded him and then he came to talk to us! He is making a Facebook album of him "planking" all over the place! It was awesome! He then asked us if we wanted to "plank" with him! So we left work for a minute (clearly we didn't leave the store unattended) and went to "plank" with this stranger! The picture isn't that great, but its still funny!!! That is a water fountain below us! haha awesome times!
 

I haven't seen too many crazy bugs here in Texas until yesterday!  As I was standing outside I watched this crazy large bug fly into our door and then fall to the ground! IT WAS DISGUSTING!!!! I immediately summoned Aubrey to come look at this sick bug! This picture does it NO justice! We were later informed that this bug has some nasty venom that with contact will leave blisters on your skin!!! YIKES!!!! I made a random person kick it so that it wasn't in our door way anymore....and THEN....it started to fly again.  Ran into our sign and fell again.  So I had yet again someone other than myself kick it out of our doorway. Unfortunately or fortunately that kick did a lot of harm to the bug and it later died.  Sad? Not really....I was a little bit relieved. 



Well a month down about 2 more to go! I'm still enjoying Texas and getting more tan every week! Which I am fully enjoying! Love you all! Thanks for reading and being a part of my life as 22 year old single(kind of) LDS girl!


No comments: