Monday, March 26, 2012

Happy Birthday!

Tony celebrated his birthday on the 18th so we decided, since it was spring break, we would head down to Viva Las Vegas to celebrate his birthday and spend some time with his brother! 
For some reason the drive down seemed longer than it usually does so by the time we got to Ryan's (Tony's Brother) house we were pretty tired...and it was about 12:30am.  

The next morning his niece April who is in first grade was getting an award at their honors assemble so Tony and I decided we would go see her! Ryan and his wife Monica both had to work so we thought we should go and cheer April on! Tony is so cute, when April walked in he lit up and was waving and trying to get her attention and then when she was given her award he cheered so loud and waved again! She looked so cute up there and I think she thought it was really cool that her uncle Tony had come to see her! 

That night Tony and I decided instead of going out to dinner we would make dinner for everyone! It was fun to go shopping for all the ingredients at Tony's new found love Winco! So we made spaghetti and garlic bread! It was a lot of fun and I think (or I hope) everyone enjoyed it!


We didn't spend really any time on the "strip" this time, except Saturday Tony took me to the Rain Forest Cafe at the MGM! That place is always so fun, there is so much to look at! I wanted so badly to have them sing "Happy Birthday" to Tony so we could get their "Volcano Sundae" but he did NOT want anything to do with that! So I refrained from embarrassing him! 



And I can't go to Rain Forest Cafe without taking some fun pictures with the fun hats! 


After our lunch we decided to head to Town Square (a shopping center, down past the strip).  They have an Apple store there and Tony so desperately wanted to go look at the new iPad.  So we parked the car and began to shop around! Tony had been wanting to get some new sunglasses so we started at the Sunglass Hut where he bought himself some great looking Ray Bans! We then went to Apple so he could admire the new iPad...where eventually he decided we should leave the store before he broke the bank and bought one! :) We then went to H&M <3 where I bought these cute shoes, a skirt, and a couple shirts! Oh and I can't forget socks I bought for Tony! 


We then headed to the candy shop to buy us some sweet treats!



After shopping we headed back to the house and had a birthday dinner, tres leches cake, and played cards with the family!  It was a lot of fun spending some time with them, and getting to know them a little bit better! 

Sunday we all went out for our last meal together at IHOP, and said our goodbyes! It really was so fun spending time with Tony's family! They are so fun and so generous for letting us stay! I look forward to hopefully seeing them sometime soon! 

The weekend was so nice! It was fairly good weather minus Saturday.  And sadly we ventured back to Utah only to find this....


Luckily we didn't get stuck in bad weather until we got to Orem.  

Well sad news guys....Tony has left me to go to Europe for TWO WEEKS!  His work has a design team in Armenia so he is spending a week there.  His flight has a stop in Paris on the way back, so he decided to take a week off of work take a train to London for a couple days and then spend a couple days in Paris as well.  He left Friday afternoon, so Thursday we spent our night just hanging out.  We had dinner with my family, went for a walk, got frozen yogurt, and then said our goodbyes! In between dinner and our walk Brynlee insisted on having Tony read a book with her.  So the two of them plopped on the floor and read a book! How cute are they?! I couldn't help but take a picture! 


Tony has only been gone for three days and it feels like forever! These two weeks are going to take FOREVER!!! Luckily I do get to talk to him twice a day...in the afternoon (when he's headed to bed), and before I go to bed (when he is headed to work).  Its so weird being on opposite schedules.  He tells me goodnight when I am wide awake and only halfway through my day! I cannot wait until he gets home April 6th! That will be such a great day! 

11 DAYS AND COUNTING!

Wish me luck!


No comments: